Thursday, April 29, 2010

blog3 -

My service learning is at the grandview in everett wa. The difference between I and them. ( quote from TCT) You have little to teach us in strength and toughtness. perhaps we are happier than you? but we would like our children to go to school. of all things you have , Learning is the one we most desire for our children (Page 27 )
We both live in two different types of world.
The difference between i and you are we both come from 2 different part of countries or perhaps you have growen up in a different community then i have . Children their are tough and are willing to learn but they need us to show them the way. Teach them the right things to do in life , then to spit at people or act crazy. "yes i said it maybe they dont have much discipline then the way i was raised in my house hold. I don't blame these children on how they response to someone helping them, but like i said we have grew up in two in two different parts of the world.its just not a good example as a child or for anyone. i like to help someone in need and see it as a positive way to make a change. just like Mortenson made a change in those people life hopefully i could make a change in one of these child 's life. children just want attention and im glade to be their to give them that attention they need but not to be mistreated. well i know it will be a good expierence for me knowing that i made a little change in society or in the community. So when the next person comes around they may not have to do as much work . well thanks for reading/ blog 3

3 comments:

  1. blog 3 - What is Grandview ? Honestly it’s a donut shop to many kids, after school. In my eyes It was where you become a helper in somebody else’s eyes. I became to be involved with its community. I learned to cope with children and help with their every need. Well not everything just in reading , math homework and at times coloring crazy pictures. I spent about 2 hours on Mondays and or on Wednesdays. It help many kids shyness disappear after sitting down getting to know one another. It help in some children’s growth his /her expectations in learning development, and to get to know each child’s different reactions to volunteer.

    After learning that I had to volunteer to a site for 10% of my grade, I was wondering how I was going to do it. Their was barely anytime for myself. I decide to volunteer at Grandview in Everett. I wouldn’t change my mind after the experiences I had. My first day was kind of fun hanging around kids that just wanted to know my name and ask many questions. Many were shy the first day, but soon just realize I was just their to help them. Im glade I ended up volunteering to help these kids in academic learning. Many were shy to ask for a hand in help.

    However, despite the donut shop to many, some were their to get help in learning in math and struggling in reading. Some struggled with reading level very low. Although their were many that needed help in Homework, I help in all I could do, while the time being. Some really had a rough time reading, some stutter, and tried pronouncing the words. It was kind of surprising to learn that not only did some did not know how to read but there academics skills were far from their grade level their were originally in.

    After a couple of week being their after school, I was already getting use to it. When upon my arrival at Grandview, kids would run into the place, and were glade I and another volunteer were their waiting for them. They always showed how good their were in improving in class. Some were glade they passed their test in class. By this time many already knew my name. always asked if I was coming back the next day. After leaving one after noon, kids would run after my car.

    Threw out my experiences at Grandview, overall I had some amazing times. At times I was a bit surprise of how some of these children would talk, it was beyond my expectation on learning to cope and understanding their situation. Although many were from big families of 9 or more it was happy to know someone had made a change. This might not have help a lot, but im sure it did in ones heart. Helping another in need is a good feeling, not only because of 10% of my grade, but the experiences help me see that many needed help in different things, like improving in reading , in math, and learning how to rein act with another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit confused by how you posted your information, but sounds like it ended up being a positive experience for both you and the kids, despite some of their discipline issues. Great job!

    ReplyDelete